This week was – eventful!
Sunday didn’t end up happening, food-wise; I don’t even remember what we ended up eating, I think just snacks? And Fiance, at the last moment, vetoed omelettes and got steak instead, so that’s a thing, which means we did not have omelettes or tuna cakes this week, as per last week’s plan.
Annika arrived on Wednesday morning, and as I’d mentioned, they had to come in and spray for bugs Wednesday, so the entire kitchen had to be moved into the dining room, where she is currently staying. Fortunately, with the new shelves, it wasn’t scattered – but I was worried about how long it would take to put back together.
What I did not take into account was her absolute helpfulness in that endeavor!
Together, we got everything put back the way it was Supposed to be in no time at all, and in fact, it is now better organized than it was before and I even have some leftover space! She’s extremely clever and so helpful, it was a joy to work with her.
This week’s dietary winners are:
- The roast (as usual) – it fell apart into delicious chunks!
- Monterrey Chicken – we used Famous Dave’s ‘Georgia Mustard’ barbecue sauce, it was absolutely to die for!
In addition, I made probably the best FatHead(ish) pizza-crust I’ve ever made – I don’t have a microwave, so melting the mozzarella without burning it is always a daunting prospect on the stove. This week, I aced it, and managed to more-or-less evenly mix in everything, to where it rolled out perfectly!
For the coming week, I had Annika’s assistance in drawing up the meal plan, and Fiance pitched in by finding a really tasty looking chicken recipe he wants to try.
We have a guest coming on Sunday, and Friday I work late – hopefully I can get Annika or Fiance to start the cooking!
We are going to make some deviled eggs for snacking, as well as the usual jerky, cheese, salad, celery, almonds, peanuts; we have pork rinds coming as well, yum!
- Shepard’s Pie, with green beans and mushrooms added
- Cobb Salad (Spinach with chopped hard boiled egg, bacon, avocado, and blue cheese)
- Tuna Patties – I didn’t get to try these last week!
- Steamed broccoli
- Cauliflower mash
- Massaman Curry loosely based off this recipe, subbing cauliflower chunks for potatoes and using chicken; it will be served over cauliflower rice.
- Burrito Omelettes with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and avocado; this is pretty much just burrito-flavors wrapped up in egg instead of tortilla. We don’t have any meat for it, but it should be quite filling enough without.
- Hasselback Chicken a la Fiance
- Cauliflower mash
- Pizza Night! We’ll be making a white sauce instead of red, and topping it with bacon, chicken, ham – and mushrooms on the part that Fiance isn’t eating. Yum!
- Cobb Salad (same as on Sunday!)
- Chicken Alfredo with mushrooms, broccoli, onions, and spinach – nestled atop a huge serving of zucchini noodles; I don’t have a recipe for this one, but it should be pretty easy.
Shopping list is below the cut.
Green Beans x1 lb
Carrots (small package)
Red onion, chopped
Basil – if possible, large bag; if no large bag, x2 small things; if not available, dried
3 green squash
Large Package of Chicken Boobies x2
Ground Beef (plz ground) 1 lb – or 1/2 lb, 1/2 lb ground pork?
Ham – for pizza? Possibly could do thick cut lunch meat ham?
Eggs x2 18 packs
Heavy Whipping Cream (at least 3 things)
White Cheddar – shredded if possible? 3 cups worth
Shredded Mozarella – large
Cheese rounds – snacking
Coconut Milk (low-ish carb?)